1). I am a student. They are not students.
(2).Does he work? Do they study?
(3).Did we study? Will they study?
(4). You were not students. Will she be a student?
(5).Did you work? Does it work?
(6). They were not doctors. We will be doctors.
(7). It does not work. He works.
(8). She does not work. She studies. She is a student.
(9). You are not students. I am a student. I study.
(10). Youstudy. You do notwork.
(11). You study. It does not study.
(12). Yesterday she was not in school. She was ill. Her brother and she read books and watched TV.
(13). He is ill now. His brothers are ill too. They do not go to school.
(14). Do you live in Moscow?
Yes, I do. Ilive in Moscow.
Does he live in Moscow?
No, he does not. He does not live in Moscow. He lives in Kazan.
Did he live in Moscow?
Yes, he did. He lived in Moscow 2 years.
1. Usually he uses. Или: He usually uses .
2. Yesterday she did not use. Или: She did not use yesterday.
3. Do you use every day?
4. Was it used yesterday?
Was the car used yesterday?
5. Is he used every day?
Is he used to reading every day?
Is he used to Russian winters?
6. He is a student.
7. We were not at school.
8. Is your sister a teacher?
9. We watched TV last night.
10. Where is it (т.е. the book)?
11. It (т.е.The weather) was terrible.
12. The children were very angry.
13. Are you busy?
14. Were you busy yesterday?
15. Where werewe yesterday?
16. Where isyour sister?
17. You are the best friend.
18.Whose book is this? - It isyour book.
19. Whose table is this? — It ismy brother’s table.
20. He is at home now. (Или: Now he is at home).
21.I am interested in music.
22. He is usually very tiredafter school.
23. He is with his family now. His sons areso much excited.
24. I will be at home tomorrow.(или: Tomorrow I will be at home).
25. You will not be at work tomorrow. (или: Tomorrow you will not be at work).
26. Will you be busy tomorrow?
27. They (i.e. His children) will be excited.
28. Прочитайте диалог:
- Will you be at school tomorrow?
-Yes, I will. (Yes, we will).
29. It is ten o’clock. She is late again.
30. He is at school now. (Или: Now he is at school)
31. She is working now. (Или: Now she is working)
32. Last night I was tired and went to bed early.
33.Where did you spend your holidays?
34. I’m interested in music.
35. She is interested in art.
36. We are always busy, but we are very happy to be together.
Специального внимания требуют предложения со словами-подсказками: yesterday - вчера; today - сегодня
37. I have used today.
38.I used yesterday.
39. I’m tired today.
40. I was tired yesterday.
41. I have read today.
42. I read a book yesterday.
43. I have not read the book today. I have been tired.
44. He was in Italy a year ago.
45. Have you ever been to Italy?
46. It was morning and it wasraining.
47. It was evening and it wassnowing .
48. It is morning and it is raining.
49. It is evening and it issnowing.
50. It often rains in Spain.
51.It usually snows in winter in Russia.
52. He came a moment ago.
53.I have notseen him since 2010.
54. Where have you put the book? I want to read it, but cannot find it anywhere.
55. The train has already left the station.
56. My son has just emptied the rubbish.
57. She has not yet answered the question.
58. —They were in the cinema the day before yesterday.
—Did they like the film?
— Oh yes, they enjoyed it greatly. The film was so exciting.
59. She did not enjoy the film on TV yesterday. Actually, she hated it.
60. It takes 2 or 3 hours to get there.
61. It takes me, (you, him, her, it, us, you, them) 2 or 3 hours to get there.
62. It takes me 1hour to get home.
63.It takes my children 1hour and a half (=1 and a half hours) to get to school.
64. It took me an hour and a half (=1 and a half hours) to get to work yesterday.
ВНИМАНИЕ: в данном предложение выражение "to work" означает не глагол - "работать", а существительное: место - "work" - "работа". Предлог "to" в этом случае означает направление движения или достижения цели: "to work" - "до работы".
65. It will take me 2 and a half hours (=2 hours and a half ) to get to my country house tomorrow.
66. I think, it will take me 2 and a half hours (=2 hours and a half ) to get to my country house tomorrow.
67. How long does it take to get there?
68. Normally the road takes three hours.
69. It will not take you long to get to my place.
70. It took him the whole life to understand that.
71. —What is she doing?
— She is surfing the internet.
72. Have you surfed the internet for the information you want?
73. What has happened? Why has the train stopped?
74. Have you seen any good movies this week?
75. I haveseen some good movies this week.
76. We haven’t seen for ages! Where have you been?
77. 1) He is a scientist.
2) He studies science.
3) In the mornings he teaches physics at the university.
4) He is also interested in foreign languages.
5) In the evenings he learns English and Arabic with his private teacher.
В заданиях 78 - 85 (в 78 - активный залог, в 80 - пассивный залог) используются 2 пары сказуемых, первые из которых - сказуемые "действия", а вторые - "состояния". При переводе на русский язык сказуемые в каждой паре переводятся одинаково: "спать" и "волноваться", соответственно.
78. Yesterday at that moment he is sleeping.
79. Yesterday at that moment he was asleep.
80. Was he sleeping at that moment yesterday?
81. Was he asleep at that moment yesterday?
82. He was not sleeping at that moment yesterday.
83. He was not asleep at that moment yesterday.
84. He always worries.
85. He is always worried.
86. Yesterday at that moment the bed (or it) was not being slept in.
87. It (or the computer) has broken down.
88. He (or The child) Has broken down the computer.
89. It (or The computer) has been broken down.
90. It (or My computer) is broken down.
91. It (or The dealer company) has sold out all its car stock.
92. — I would like 2 tickets for 8 p.m., please.
— I am sorry, it is sold out.
93. — It is morning now. What is your dad doing now?
— He is having tea. Сейчас он пьет чай.
— Does he always have tea in the morning?
— Yes, he does. But when he is in a hurry he does not have breakfast at home.
94. He lived in Kiev last winter.
He has been living in Moscow for two years already
95. It (The car) is used by the company's personnel.
It is not being used now.
96. Will you be busy tomorrow at midday?
97. I am so interested in LEARNING English.
Are you also interested?
98. — Where is she now?
— She is learning French with her sister.
— And is her husband in?
— No, he is at work now.
— And how long will you be busy?
— Perhaps, half an hour more.
99. Alan and Debby are in Alan's house.
They are talking about Amy's French
Amy is not good at French.
She islearning French with her sister Jeena now.
Jeena is not good at French either.
She is being helped by Amy.
100. Yesterday Debby came to Alan's and Amy's house.
Alan and Amy were in.
Alan was downstairs, but Amy was upstairs.
She was busy.
She and Jeena were doing French exercises.
Jeena was always helped with French by Amy or Debby.
101. What is your name?
My name is ....
How old are you?
I am 34.
Where are you from?
When did you come?
I came here 5 days ago.
I have been here (for) 5 days already.
What are you doing here?
I am on holiday.
I am visiting friends.
Where are you staying?
I am staying at the hotel.
Have you been here before?
I am (возможно: have been) here for the first time.
102. I am writing an English exercise now.
103. He was writing an English exercise at this time yesterday.
104. My little sister is sleeping now.
105. My friends were not doing their homework at seven o’clock yesterday.
They were playing volleyball.
106. - What are you doing now?
- I am drinking tea.
107. My sister is fond of READING.
108. My friend was fond of rock music.
His brother didn't like rock music.
109. She was reading the whole evening yesterday, and now she is reading again.
110. Look! My cat is playing with a ball.
111. When I went out into the garden, the sun was shining and birds were singing in the trees.
112. What is your father doing now?
What was your father doing from eight till nine yesterday?
113. Why was she crying when I saw her yesterday?
114. I wasn't doing my homework the whole evening yesterday.
115. I didn't play the piano yesterday. I wrote a letter to my friend.
116. I wasn't playing the piano at four o’clock yesterday. I was reading a book.
117. He wasn't sleeping when father came home.
118. When I was going to school the day before yesterday, I met Mike and Pete.
119. I was playing computer games at five o’clock yesterday.
120. My younger brother played computer games yesterday.
121. I was not playing computer games at five o’clock yesterday, and my younger brother was playing computer games.
122. We were mopping the floor in our flat from three till four yesterday.
123. What was Nick doing when you came to his place?
124. We were playing in the yard the whole evening yesterday.
125. When I was preparing breakfast in the morning, I cut my finger.
126. When grandfather was watching TV, he fell asleep.
127. Last Sunday we went SKIING in the country. There was already a lot of snow in the fields and we enjoyed ourselves.
We skied (возможно: We had been skiing) for two hours and a half.
128. They met at the station two hours ago.
129. I was playing the violin when my friend came in. He invited me to the theatre and I accepted the invitation with pleasure.
130. The cat took a piece of fish and then ran away.
131. Yesterday he wrote a letter to his friend. When I looked at him, he smiled at me.
132. When somebody knocked at the door, she was arguing with her husband.
133. She finished COOKING at four o’clock yesterday.
134. When did you begin DOING your homework yesterday?
135. I fed my cat with fish yesterday.
136. What were you doing at four o’clock yesterday? — I was feeding my cat.
137. We were playing badminton from nine till eleven yesterday.
138. Kate didn't go for a walk yesterday. She was writing a composition the whole day yesterday.
139. Where were you yesterday? — I was at home the whole day. — How strange. I rang (возможно: I was ringing) you up at two o’clock, but nobody answered. - Oh, I was in the garden. I was reading your book and didn't hear the telephone.
140. The pupils wrote a dictation.
141. The pupils have writtena dictation already.
142. What language are you studying?
- I am learning Japanese.
- How many words have you learnt?
- I have learnt 19 words and 90 verbs.
143. We've just had a lesson. Our teacher told us a few stories about dogs.
144. Helen speaks French so well because she has lived in France. She lived there last year.
145. My father knows so much because he has travelled a lot.
146. The children have already decided what to do with the books.
147. Yesterday they decided to help their grandmother.
148. Have you played the piano today?
149. When did you see Mary? — I saw her last week.
150. She has already come from school. Now she is doing her homework.
151. I have never been to Washington.
152. Have you ever been to New York?
153. When did you open the window? — I opened it ten minutes ago.
154. My watch was going in the morning, but now it has stopped.
155. Tom returned from the cinema at five o’clock.
156. Tom was returning from the cinema at five o’clock when he met his friend Paul.
157. Tom had returned from the cinema by five o’clock.
158. I finished READING the book at seven o’clock.
159. I had finished READING the book by seven o’clock.
160. He thought that he had lost the money.
161. Tom returned from the cinema at five o’clock.
162. Tom had returned from the cinema by five o’clock.
163. I finished my homework at seven o’clock.
164. I had finished my homework by seven o’clock.
165. He thought that he had lost the money.
166. Ann told me that she had seen an interesting film.
167. When I came home, mother had already cooked dinner.
168. When father returned from work, we had already done our homework.
169. When the teacher enteredthe classroom, the pupils had already opened their books.
170. Yesterday I found the book which I had lost in summer.
171. By two o’clock the teacher had examined all the students.
172. On my way to school I returned that I had left my report at home.
173. All my friends were glad to hear that I had passed all the examinations successfully.
174. I have met with my friends.
175. I met with my friends.
175. I have read this book.
176. Iread this book.
177. I had read this book.